Thursday, October 22, 2015

An Unusual Tool in My Weight-Loss Journey

     As many of you know, I am on a weight loss journey I have tagged #ObeseNoMore. Along this journey their are many different tools I have used to help me maintain and monitor my progress. Sadly, I am too large for a household scale so I use the one at my doctor's office. Recently, I reviewed a product with the intention on using it for my grandparents. Little did I know that it would be a great tool for me as well. It is a simple grey oximeter. It reads your oxygen saturation and your pulse rate. An average person of good health runs around 98% o2 saturation and  60 - 100 pulse rate relaxing. I typically run about 96% / 98 - 100. This tells me that my system works a little harder to get oxygen because of my weight. Lately when I walk up our one flight of stares I have to sit down and take a breather. I tarted testing myself after a climb. In just 10 steps of stairs I go from 96%/98 to 90% over 140. This means my heart is going hard to get me oxygen. This little device has helped me track where I am at and how much improvement I am making. Now my resting rate is 98% / 95. Which to me is an excellent improvement. I am not trying to look like a model, I just want to live long enough to watch my kids grow up and become parents and see all their milestones. If you haven't tried one before, I would totally recommend the model I am using. It works great. You can order it HERE. This month I am going to get up the courage to take a before picture, hopefully in the future I can add an after picture as well. 

http://www.amazon.com/Santamedical-Fingertip-Oximeter-Saturation-batteries/dp/B00R59OTOC

No comments:

Post a Comment