Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Many Wonders of Silicone

This last week I have been trying dozens of products. I went out of town for three days and came back to over 22 packages from Amazon on my front porch. I haven't been here, because I have been playing catch-up with all my reviews. I have learned that I will only be doing videos for items I cannot live without. Way more work than I need. Lol. This week I noticed all the different silicone items I have received. Let me show you a few of my favorites and a couple interesting ones.

The first is a collection of five silicone male wedding rings. I received these from Giveaway Services sold by Steadfast Products. I managed to snag a set for FREE. You all know how much I love free stuff. These are normally $12.99. At first I was a little skeptical of the need of a rubber ring. I purchased and gave one to each of my sons. Ethan not being a ring person wore his for the day and then left it on afterwards because he forgot it was on. Cameron on the other hand likes jewelry and accessories. He was also skeptical of the rings. After wearing it for a week, he loves them, He says the are super comfortable. The black goes with everything and he can wear it even when he is in the shop and rough and tumbling. No worries about it getting scratched or dirty.


 These are best for men that are active and roughing it up a lot. Keep his fancy wedding band for date nights and use this when is out playing hard.




The next item is both unusual and one of my favorite finds. Collapsible bottles. these come in packages of two with color choices of blue or pink. I received a pink set. These are so weird and awesome at the same time. I managed to snag these ones through a Facebook group. They are made from a thin silicone and are super squishy. I was surprised that they hold there shape when filled or empty. They great thing is that you can roll them up and put them in your pocket when they are empty. I took these on the road trip and they were awesome. I kept one in my glove-compartment. When we stopped at a restroom, I filled it at the fountain. The definitely take so getting use to. I do not try drinking out of them like a normal bottle, instead I drink them like a juice box and suck from the nozzle as weird as that sounds. My sons have both asked me to get a blue set for them.



Now let's get a little crazier. This one is an unusual one, Tuggs Towel Clips. I wasn't quite sure what they were, but when getting them for a steep discount from Giveaway Service, I was willing to find out. First thing I noticed was they were much bigger in person than their pictures showed. They hook to your towel to keep them in place at the beach. I have used them to keep my blankets wrapped around the laundry. They are just really useful and cute bungee cords. They stretch over three times their length. I like these and can't wait to hit the coast next weekend. These will be keeping our towels wrapped up and ready to go.






I have three more that are all for the kitchen. First is a very sturdy and useful set on silicone tongs. These are great because they do not scratch my non-stick pans. I managed to get them for a itty bitty $1 from Snagshouts. Snagshouts is one of my favorite review sites. I keep it book marked at all times.


The next cool silicone gadget is also for the kitchen. It is a very cute stem and leaf shaped tea infuser. The best feature is the little leaf on top, because it is silicone no more hot metal chains or handles. It also comes with the cutest little coaster.


The third item is one that will be getting the most use. I am going to be purchasing to more of these as well. Everyone has seen these before, a baking silicone mat. This one is the Chef Clever's Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat. I must say this is probably the best mat I have used. It fits most of my pans. The only one is doesn't it is about half of an inch too long but still works, because it can hang over the side without worry of burning. I love this one because of the circles and ruler. The circles help me get a good distance on my cookies; however, I have been using it for much more than cookies. I made fettuccine last week. Anyone who knows me knows this means making home made noodles. I love being able to lay the noodles out on here and see the length and let them dry without sticking. I found this mat through Tomoson which is one of the most professional review sites I have seen. I am honored to be part of their program. I am hoping they have many more Chef Clever promotions to take advantage.



I can't even imagine all the wonderful other items that I will be receiving and I am sure many more will be silicone. It seems that silicone is a fad that is here to stay. Stay tuned to see what I get next. Tomorrow I will be showing you a few of my favorite sites.


1 comment:

  1. Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above in exchange for review from Giveaway Service website. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Reference ID: pmdaa8194acbf979a5d7800151b34c482f

    ReplyDelete